Processed foods are also more convenient – that’s what it really comes down to in an ever increasing time poor society. It’s so much easier to bake a cake by opening up a box, pouring out a dry mix, and adding an egg and some oil than starting from scratch. But what is the price we really pay for this seemingly great convenience?
Acid vs. Alkaline
- Changing your body’s pH will give you more energy, and improve overall welbeing
- Alkaline-forming and acid-forming foods
- Diets high in protein, sugars and processed foods disrupt pH balance
- Your balance is according to your metabolism
- All organic matter has a pH level
It appears that taking small steps to change your body’s pH will give you more energy, increase mental clarity, improve digestion and stabilise your weight naturally.
Foods are classified as either acidic or alkaline according to their own intrinsic acidity or alkalinity but nutritionists often speak of acid and alkaline forming foods, referring to the overall effect of the food after ingestion. Continue reading